Report: Trouba's arbitration hearing scheduled for July 25
Jacob Trouba's case in front of an arbitrator has been given a date.
However, Brooks adds that it would be stunning if the process reaches that point. Teams often agree to terms with the restricted free agent in question before a hearing takes place.
Trouba racked up 50 points while playing all 82 regular-season games with the Winnipeg Jets this past season. He was traded to the Rangers last month for rearguard Neal Pionk and the 20th overall pick in June's draft, which the Jets used to select Finnish blue-liner Ville Heinola.
The 25-year-old Trouba went through the arbitration process last summer and was awarded a one-year pact worth $5.5 million.
Any hearings required will take place between July 20 and Aug. 4.
- Rangers take down Hurricanes to force Game 7
- Tkachuk 'very open' to signing long-term extension with Flames
- Oilers' Holland: McDavid showing 'incredible commitment' on defense
- McDavid and Draisaitl have already authored legendary postseasons
- Flames' Tanev played through dislocated shoulder, out 4-6 months