Tortorella on Panarin's absence from lineup: 'He sh-- his pants, he was puking'
Warning: Story contains coarse language
"He shit his pants, he was puking, he did everything, so enough," Tortorella told reporters Tuesday ahead of the Blue Jackets' tilt with the Montreal Canadiens. "I was told he's sick, he's not eating, he's puking .... he's sick as a dog, yes he's very sick and that's why he's out."
Panarin is one of the most highly demanded players rumored to be available ahead of the Feb. 25 trade deadline.
It didn't take long for Twitter to have some fun following Tortorella's scrum.
Heading into Tuesday's action, the Blue Jackets occupy the third seed in the Metropolitan Division and sit just one point clear of a playoff position.
- Sharks' Wilson taking temporary medical leave
- Armstrong: Canada's goalie situation less concrete than competitors'
- 'When Goalies Were Weird' - Episode 1: Dominik Hasek 🎧
- Jarry stays hot with 3rd shutout in last 5 games as Pens blank Isles
- Vasilevskiy records 200th career win in style with 17-save shutout