Brind'Amour on loss vs. Sens: 'We were so bad, I almost dressed and got out there'
Carolina Hurricanes head coach Rod Brind'Amour didn't hold back when assessing his team's performance following Friday's 4-1 loss at home to the Ottawa Senators.
"We were so bad, I almost dressed and got out there. I might have been as good as what we were throwing out there," Brind'Amour told the media postgame, including Fox Sports Carolinas.
After a 6-2 loss to the New York Rangers on Monday, the Hurricanes were looking for a bounce-back performance. However, they were in a 3-0 hole midway through the second period on Friday night.
"We just didn't want to play the way we were supposed to," Brind'Amour added. "I didn't know what I was watching. That’s the first time all year I can say that."
It's been an up-and-down season for Brind'Amour's squad. The Hurricanes struggled while posting a 4-8-1 record in December, then bounced back with a strong January, winning six of their last eight games heading into Friday.
Carolina now heads to western Canada for a three-game road trip before the all-star break.
- Boeser up to league-leading 17 goals as Canucks hand Ducks 7th straight loss
- Canucks trade Beauvillier to Blackhawks
- Blackhawks terminating Perry's contract due to 'unacceptable' conduct
- Watch: Leafs squeak out shootout victory after Panthers' winner overturned
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings