Predators' Johansen suspended 2 games for high-sticking Jets' Scheifele
Johansen swung his stick and caught Scheifele in the head late in the first period, and the Predators center was assessed a two-minute minor for high-sticking.
"On this play, Johansen swings his stick down in a reckless and irresponsible manner that causes his stick to hit Scheifele up high," the league said in its video explanation.
The NHL also noted that the veteran hadn't been previously fined or suspended.
Johansen will miss Saturday's home game against the Florida Panthers and Monday's road matchup against the Colorado Avalanche. He'll be eligible to return to Nashville's lineup on Wednesday in Nevada against the Vegas Golden Knights.
- Formenton ineligible for Sens this season after RFA deadline passes
- Marner: Matching Leafs' point-streak record was a 'special moment'
- Renewable energy: Cup-hunting Lightning betting on internal growth
- NHL Thursday best bets: Flames to heat up vs. Canadiens
- Kings' Petersen loaned to AHL after clearing waivers