Canadiens' Deslauriers taken to hospital as precaution
Montreal Canadiens forward Nicolas Deslauriers was taken to hospital as a precaution and for further testing after leaving Monday's preseason game against the New Jersey Devils on Monday night, the team announced.
The 27-year-old left the game early in the second period with an upper-body injury. Earlier in the first period, Deslauriers dropped the gloves with Devils forward Brandon Baddock where he took a hard right-handed punch, according to Sportsnet's Eric Engels.
Deslauriers is looking to cement a full-time spot with the Canadiens this year after playing 58 games with the big club and 14 in the American Hockey League last season.
- Muzzin laments Leafs' blowout loss to Penguins: 'It's inexcusable'
- Watch: Kraken crowd welcomes team, boos Bettman at home opener
- Report: Devils' Blackwood vaccinated, to be cleared by December
- Perreault's hat trick leads Canadiens to 1st win of season
- Devils' Daws shuts door with 24 saves to win NHL debut