Bettman to be inducted into Sports Broadcasting Hall of Fame
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is set to be inducted into the Sports Broadcasting Hall of Fame as part of the 2018 class.
Bettman joins a list of 11 professionals to be enshrined in December, which will also feature Jim Nantz, Bob Costas, and Dick Vitale, among others.
Over his time as commissioner, Bettman has orchestrated multi-billion dollar deals with NBC Sports and Rogers Communications and helped create the NHL Network.
Bettman was also named as an inductee to the Hockey Hall of Fame in June.
- Jets, Appleton avoid arbitration with 3-year deal
- Chair of board of directors for Hockey Canada steps down
- Huberdeau eager to start with Flames: 'I'm going to give everything I have'
- Best of the rest: Top remaining NHL UFAs by position
- Hurricanes GM confident they'll sign Necas: 'It's going to get done'