Report: Bettman, Rockets owner met to discuss viability of Houston franchise
The meeting reportedly took place within the past few weeks, although Bettman would not confirm when contacted by The Athletic.
He did say the league is not looking to relocate any teams at the moment, but added a caveat in regards to Houston.
"If Houston were to express an interest in having an NHL franchise, under the right circumstances, it's something we might want to consider," he said.
The Rockets play at the Toyota Center, which opened in 2003 and can hold 17,800 when fitted for a rink.
- McDavid baffled by Oilers' meltdown vs. Senators: 'I wish I had an answer'
- Report: Stars increasing efforts to trade Klingberg
- Fleury blanks Ducks with 37-save shutout in Blackhawks win
- Leafs' Mikheyev scores late winner in back-and-forth affair vs. Blues
- Panthers' attack stays red-hot, scores 9 in drubbing of Blue Jackets