Luongo crosses himself off Panthers' exposed list
It was only a matter of time before Roberto Luongo chimed in.
The Florida Panthers' 38-year-old goalie was left exposed by the club ahead of the expansion draft, and took to Twitter to sympathize with the Vegas Golden Knights' tough decision ahead:
Vegas must select one player from each team, and Luongo crossed himself off the list.
Considering the 'tender's $4,533,333 salary-cap hit through 2021-22, it's a safe bet Luongo will be in Florida next season and beyond. But you can't fault the guy for making sure. Or trying to, at least.
- Report: Tortorella interviewed for Flyers' head coach opening
- Kadri responds to racist threats with hat trick: 'For those that hate, that was for them'
- Bolts praise another Vasilevskiy series-clinching gem: 'There is never a doubt'
- Lightning complete 2nd-round sweep of Panthers
- Avalanche put Blues on brink of elimination with Game 4 victory