NHL sets 2017-18 salary cap at $75M
The salary cap will be set at $75 million next season, the NHL and NHLPA announced Sunday.
It's an increase of $2 million from last season's cap, which was set at $73 million. The cap floor next season has been set at $55.4 million.
The NHL introduced the salary cap in the 2005-06 season, when it was set at $39 million.
- Report: Tortorella interviewed for Flyers' head coach opening
- Bolts praise another Vasilevskiy series-clinching gem: 'There is never a doubt'
- Kadri responds to racist threats with hat trick: 'For those that hate, that was for them'
- Lightning complete 2nd-round sweep of Panthers
- Avalanche put Blues on brink of elimination with Game 4 victory