NHL sets 2017-18 salary cap at $75M
The salary cap will be set at $75 million next season, the NHL and NHLPA announced Sunday.
It's an increase of $2 million from last season's cap, which was set at $73 million. The cap floor next season has been set at $55.4 million.
The NHL introduced the salary cap in the 2005-06 season, when it was set at $39 million.
- Red Wings name Derek Lalonde head coach
- Report: Jim Montgomery the front-runner for Bruins' head coaching vacancy
- Report: Pending UFA Gaudreau undecided on Flames' offer
- Report: Lightning working with McDonagh to find trade fit
- Complementary but different styles put Savoie, Geekie high on NHL draft boards