Malkin's high hit on Wheeler ignites line brawl between Jets, Penguins
A questionable hit from an unlikely perpetrator set off a yard sale in Pittsburgh.
Wheeler's teammates predictably came to his defense, challenging the Penguins in a slew of individual bouts.
Here's the sequence in its entirety, including the ensuing brouhaha.
Malkin was called for interference and for roughing in the aftermath, while Jets defenseman Mark Stuart took a slashing minor.
Wheeler left the game but eventually returned.
- Oilers become NHL's 1st unbeaten team through 5 games
- Stars' Hakanpaa ejected for kneeing Kings' Doughty
- Keefe downplays Ritchie criticism: Matthews, Marner as much to blame
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins