Shocker: Crosby, Ovechkin dominate possession vs. Atlantic
Let's face it: The Atlantic Division never had a chance.
With Wayne Gretzky behind the bench, the best division in hockey rode over the Atlantic Division. And the Sidney Crosby-Alexander Ovechkin experiment - the two playing together for the first time at 3-on-3 - worked.
Check out their possession numbers:
|Player||Corsi For||Corsi Against||Corsi For %|
(Courtesy: Hockey Stats)
The pair had the best possession numbers on the Metro, while rookie Auston Matthews paced the Atlantic, finishing at 56 percent.
In conclusion: Gretzky is a genius.
- Islanders strike twice in 22 seconds to hand Flyers 10th straight loss
- Hellebuyck calls for rule change: Refs 'put me in danger' vs. Stars
- Karlsson's splashy resurgence, the Michkov conundrum, and hockey nicknames
- Moving on from D.J. Smith is Senators' only hope of saving season
- Burakovsky scores twice as Kraken get 1st-ever win over Golden Knights