Ex-teammate Weise: Subban an 'easy scapegoat' for Canadiens
"I would say no, I might be a bit biased because we are close as friends," Weise explained. "But I never saw (a) problem with it. I think they were looking for an excuse, and I think he was the guy that could be easily targeted as a guy that could be a distraction."
Related: Subban pumps up crowd at Titans game
"You see his personality, you see who he is," Weise added. "He is who he is all the time. What you see on camera, on the ice, that's PK Subban all the time. He doesn't change. I never saw one guy have a problem with it (in) the locker room.
"I think the team was looking to make an excuse. I think he's an easy scapegoat."
- Bolts deal McDonagh to Preds, agent calls client's departure 'crushing'
- Boeser opens up about last season's struggles, eager to bounce back
- Jackets GM: Laine's contract status won't affect draft weekend plans
- Jets officially name Rick Bowness head coach
- Report: Flyers prospect detained for planning to evade military service