Ducks' Rakell has surgery to remove scar tissue, out 2 weeks
Anaheim Ducks forward Rickard Rakell will be off skates for at least two weeks.
The club announced the 23-year-old underwent surgery to remove scar tissue relating to his appendectomy in the spring.
Related - Season Preview: Ducks depth chart
Rakell was replaced on Sweden's World Cup roster by Patrik Berglund earlier in the week, after he was hospitalized with a stomach virus.
A first-round pick in 2011, Rakell scored 20 goals - a career high - in 72 games last season.
- 2024 NHL mock draft: Celebrini, Eiserman lead initial projections
- Ducks' Strome injures Jets' Connor with knee-on-knee hit
- Jackets' Gudbranson will have hearing for altercation with Cousins
- How the Broad Street Bullies saved the NHL's reputation in 1976
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters