Patrik Laine signs bonus-laden entry-level deal with Jets
Laine will net the maximum entry-level base salary under the league's CBA, and can earn up to $3.575 million on an annual basis with $2.65 million in bonuses tied to the agreement.
His earning potential is just $200,000 short of the maximum allowable on an entry-level deal.
The reigning MVP of the World Championship will be unable to participate in on-ice activities at the club's development camp this month, after undergoing a knee procedure after the NHL Combine.
- Report: Pens not speaking regularly with Malkin, 2 years apart in Letang talks
- Superlative awards for the 2021-22 NHL season
- The Hall of Fame's perpetual rejection of Alexander Mogilny must be rectified
- Companies pause Hockey Canada sponsorships amid sexual assault scandal
- From joke to juggernaut: Avalanche's well-earned Cup completes cycle