Lions' Montgomery, Decker to return vs. Packers
Detroit Lions running back David Montgomery is active for Thursday night's game against the Green Bay Packers.
The 26-year-old has been dealing with a thigh bruise he suffered in Week 2 against the Seattle Seahawks. Offensive tackle Taylor Decker is also dressed to play against the Packers.
Decker has missed the last two games due to a high ankle sprain. He was a limited participant in every practice this week. Montgomery missed last week's contest against the Atlanta Falcons. The Iowa State product was also a limited participant in practice all week.
The Lions signed Montgomery to a three-year, $18-million deal this offseason. He has 37 carries for 141 yards and two touchdowns this year.
Detroit rookie running back Jahmyr Gibbs received most of the workload last week in Montgomery's absence, rushing for 80 yards on 17 carries.
Meanwhile, cornerback Emmanuel Moseley is inactive. Moseley is still recovering from a torn ACL he suffered last season with the San Francisco 49ers. Offensive lineman Halapoulivaati Vaitai is also out with a knee injury.
- Young won't blame Reich for Panthers' struggles: 'We all share in that'
- Rodgers returns to practice after Jets open 21-day window
- Steelers' Johnson apologizes for lack of effort on fumble: 'I'm not perfect'
- DeSean Jackson retiring with Eagles after 15 seasons
- Flacco could start Week 13 after being named Browns QB2