Panthers' Thielen: 'Little weird' preparing for game vs. Vikings
Carolina Panthers wide receiver Adam Thielen isn't used to preparing for a game against his former team.
"It's already honestly a little weird watching tape," Thielen said, according to Andrew Krammer of the Star Tribune. "It's just crazy to be game-planning against guys that were my teammates for a long time."
Thielen spent the first 10 years of his career with the Vikings. After three seasons of struggling to get playing time, Thielen got a starting job in 2016 and never looked back.
The 33-year-old is fourth in franchise history in receiving yards (6,682) and third in touchdowns (55). He made two Pro Bowls during his tenure in Minnesota and secured a second-team All-Pro selection in 2018.
"I can't wait to see those guys," Thielen said, per Krammer. "I'm going to get out extra early for pregame warmups just to make sure I can see all those guys and all the people that have meant so much to me and really just thank them, thank all the people that have been influential in my life."
Thielen added he's "been thinking" about this matchup since the schedule was released in May.
The Minnesota State product has 20 catches for 211 yards and two touchdowns in three games this season.
- Mahomes livid, Reid says flag on negated TD vs. Bills was 'embarrassing'
- Vikings' Jefferson sustains chest injury in return from 7-game absence
- Chargers' Herbert fractures finger on throwing hand in loss to Broncos
- Vikings beat Raiders 3-0 in lowest-scoring NFL game in 16 years
- Stroud in concussion protocol as Texans ravaged by injuries in loss to Jets