Giants trade for Bills' Basham
The Buffalo Bills are trading defensive end Boogie Basham and a 2025 seventh-round pick to the New York Giants in exchange for a 2025 sixth-round selection, the team announced Tuesday.
Basham has tallied 37 total tackles, 4.5 sacks, five tackles for loss, eight QB hits, and an interception in 23 career games.
The 6-foot-3, 281-pounder joins an edge rushing group that features Kayvon Thibodeaux, Azeez Ojulari, and potentially the recently added Isaiah Simmons. Thibodeaux, selected with the No. 5 pick in the 2022 draft, and Ojulari paired up for 9.5 sacks and nine TFLs in a combined 21 games last year.
Von Miller, Greg Rousseau, A.J. Epenesa, and Leonard Floyd are slated to be Buffalo's primary pass-rushers.
The Bills selected the 25-year-old with the No. 61 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft out of Wake Forest.
- Fields downplays decision to unfollow Bears on social media
- Patriots OC: 'Everything is on the table' at QB amid draft, Mac Jones rumors
- Bears great McMichael expected to return home from hospital Thursday
- 7 blockbuster trades we want to see this NFL offseason
- Tyreek: Idea of Dolphins trading Waddle is 'ludicrous'