Tua favored to win MVP after offensive explosion in L.A.
Tua Tagovailoa and Tyreek Hill stole the show Sunday, leading the Dolphins to a thrilling 36-34 victory on the road over the Chargers.
Following his 466-yard, three-touchdown performance, Tagovailoa flew up the MVP oddsboards. He entered Sunday's game +2000 to win the award. Now, he is the favorite at +600.
Odds via theScore Bet. Players priced above +3000 are not listed.
Tagovailoa's implied probability jumped 9.5% thanks to his jaw-dropping performance. His 466-yard total was the fourth most on an opening game in NFL history.
Tagovailoa relied heavily on Hill, who hauled in 11 of 15 targets for 215 yards and two touchdowns. Seven different pass-catchers caught at least two balls for Miami on Sunday in an air attack many believed consisted of only Hill and Jaylen Waddle.
Given Tagovailoa's injury history, it's worth pointing out the Dolphins quarterback didn't get sacked once.
Despite their offensive explosion in L.A., oddsmakers barely changed the Dolphins' odds of winning the Super Bowl. Miami moved from +2500 to +2000, an implied probability change of only 1%.
The Dolphins are on the road again in Week 2. They'll take on the Patriots in an AFC rivalry game Sunday night.
- Arrest warrant issued for Miller on charge of assaulting pregnant person
- Report: Panthers expected to target Lions' Johnson for head coaching vacancy
- Young won't blame Reich for Panthers' struggles: 'We all share in that'
- Rodgers returns to practice after Jets open 21-day window
- Flacco could start Week 13 after being named Browns QB2