Jets trade Elijah Moore to Browns
The New York Jets traded wide receiver Elijah Moore and their third-round pick to the Browns for Cleveland's second-rounder, the teams announced Wednesday.
The move comes shortly after the Jets reportedly agreed to terms with free-agent receiver Mecole Hardman.
The deal also comes amid Aaron Rodgers trade talks between the Jets and the Green Bay Packers, who reportedly aren't close to an agreement.
Moore requested a trade during the 2022 campaign. He finished the year with 37 receptions, 446 yards, and one touchdown in 16 games.
The soon-to-be 23-year-old wideout was selected by the Jets with the 34th overall pick in the 2021 draft. He's accumulated 984 yards and six touchdowns through his first two NFL seasons.
Cleveland's leading receivers in 2022 were Amari Cooper, Donovan Peoples-Jones, and tight end David Njoku. All three put up at least 625 yards and three touchdowns while catching passes from the combination of Jacoby Brissett and Deshaun Watson.
- Parsons hoping to end Cowboys' Super Bowl drought: 'This gotta be the year'
- Report: Bills, Oliver agree to 4-year, $68M extension
- Packers WR Doubs doesn't see 'big difference' between Rodgers, Love
- Bills' Hamlin launches CPR Tour to raise awareness at Bills stadium
- Bears' stadium plan at risk after property tax assessment