Report: Patriots signing Gesicki to 1-year deal
The New England Patriots are signing tight end Mike Gesicki to a one-year contract, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Gesicki will earn up to $9 million, according to ESPN's Field Yates.
The addition comes just days after New England traded tight end Jonnu Smith to the Atlanta Falcons for a seventh-round draft selection. Smith had signed with New England ahead of the 2021 campaign but didn't eclipse 300 yards in either of his two seasons with the Patriots.
Gesicki spent his first five seasons with the division rival Miami Dolphins. The 27-year-old finished his time in Miami with 231 receptions for 2,617 yards and 18 scores.
The 6-foot-6 target is coming off a down year (362 yards on 32 catches) but was a steady target from 2019-21. Gesicki totaled at least 51 receptions and 570 yards each season and caught 13 total touchdowns over that three-year span.
- Browns' Watson welcomes Hopkins reunion: 'We'd love to have him'
- Gruden visited Saints after Allen sought ideas for Carr-led offense
- Breakout or fakeout: Can Geno, Jacobs, other offensive stars stay hot in 2023?
- Boyd: Bengals would've beaten Chiefs if I played whole AFC title game
- 49ers' McCaffrey: Running backs are undervalued by NFL