Report: Mattison staying with Vikings on 2-year, $7M contract
The Minnesota Vikings are re-signing running back Alexander Mattison to a two-year, $7-million deal, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
The deal reportedly includes $6.35 million guaranteed.
Mattison has spent his entire four-year career with the Vikings, operating as the club's No. 2 back behind perennial Pro Bowler Dalvin Cook.
Mattison accumulated 1,670 rushing yards, 526 receiving yards, and 14 scrimmage touchdowns in 59 career games. The 24-year-old started six contests when the team didn't have Cook available.
Kene Nwangwu and Ty Chandler are also on the Vikings' roster as reserve backs.
- Rodgers: 'Nothing normal' about Achilles rehab amid desire to return this season
- NFL Power Rankings - Week 5: Each team's early MVP
- Jerry Jones: Cowboys win over SB favorite 49ers 'would be inspiring'
- Patriots' O'Brien: Mac Jones will show 'improvement' as season goes on
- 2 Giants players hurt on failed 'tush push' in loss to Seahawks