Eagles' Slay praises Packers' Love following SNF matchup
Slay offered unprompted praise for the backup quarterback on his "Big Play Slay" show Monday.
"Young buck come in (after Aaron Rodgers was hurt). Actually did a very, very solid job," Slay said. "Green Bay got a bright, bright future ... 'cause buddy was slinging it. I ain't gonna lie, he low-key look like Aaron, like he been learning a lot.
"It should be a blessing for him to be behind a GOAT and learning like that at a high level, and he's a talented kid. ... He just gotta wait his time just like how A-Rod waited his time for Brett Favre."
Love stepped in against the Eagles on Sunday after Rodgers sustained a rib injury. The 24-year-old completed six of nine attempts for 113 yards and one touchdown, including a 63-yard score to rookie wide receiver Christian Watson on just his third attempt of the night.
Rodgers plans to play Sunday against the Chicago Bears after receiving "good news with the scans" of his rib injury.
- Menacing charge against Bengals' Mixon dismissed
- Report: Raiders letting Derek Carr talk to other teams about trade
- Chiefs' Bieniemy: Eagles' defense 'a nightmare for an offensive coordinator'
- Years after Monday Night Football debacle, Lisa Guerrero faces the trauma
- theScore's guide to the 2023 Pro Bowl Games