Commanders' Robinson designated to return to practice 5 weeks after shooting
Robinson was medically cleared on Monday after being shot in the leg twice as the victim of an attempted robbery in August. The rookie running back out of Alabama now has a 21-day evaluation window to determine if he'll be back on the active roster or revert to the PUP list.
Head coach Ron Rivera has been optimistic about Robinson's return. After being selected in the third round, the 23-year-old looked great in training camp and had 14 carries for 57 yards and a touchdown in his two preseason appearances.
- How T.J. and J.J. Watt compare to the NFL's greatest brother duos
- Murray to return vs. Chargers following 2-game absence
- Fields questionable vs. Jets with injury to non-throwing shoulder
- Report: Von Miller dodges ACL tear, out indefinitely with other knee damage
- Smith-Schuster to play vs. Rams after missing Week 11; Toney out