Rams reacquire Troy Hill from Browns for 2023 5th-round pick
Hill played for the Rams from 2016-20 before signing a two-year, $9-million contract with the Browns as a free agent (his original four-year, $24-million deal voids after 2023). Hill started 39 games for Los Angeles in his first stint with the team, including all 16 contests in 2020.
The Rams will reinsert Hill into a secondary that lost Darious Williams in free agency. Los Angeles has All-Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey leading its cornerbacks but lacks depth behind him.
Hill posted 49 tackles and one pass breakup with the Browns. The 30-year-old failed to record an interception last year after collecting at least two picks in each of the previous three campaigns.
Cleveland continued to load up on young talent at cornerback during the 2022 NFL Draft, allowing the franchise to shed Hill after one season. The Browns have drafted Greg Newsome, Greedy Williams, and Denzel Ward in the top two rounds since 2018, and drafted Martin Emerson in the third round in 2022.
- Seahawks' Adams considered retirement after quad injury
- NFL, union revise gambling policy; Lions' Williams to be reinstated
- Raiders' Chandler Jones arrested for violating protective order
- Claypool: Bears not using me to the best of my ability
- Chargers' Linsley to be placed on IR with heart-related medical issue