Report: Brown to miss at least 2 more games with ankle injury
Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians said Wednesday that Brown has been absent longer than the expected timeline of six weeks due to unforeseen circumstances.
"It was more a different injury than originally thought," Arians said. "A sprain. There's some issues in the heel - that's what he's having problems with."
Arians seemed optimistic last week that the 33-year-old could return for Tampa Bay's Week 13 matchup against the Atlanta Falcons.
While the Buccaneers' offense has remained strong in Brown's absence, the team is 3-2 since his injury. Tampa Bay also lost in Week 3 to the Los Angeles Rams when Brown was sidelined due to COVID-19.
Brown has 29 catches for 418 receiving yards and four touchdowns in five games this season.
- Goodell: Evidence shows need for year-long Watson suspension
- McVay says he signed extension with Rams earlier this offseason
- Roquan Smith requests trade: Bears 'trying to take advantage of me'
- Rodgers: No benefit in playing only 1 series in preseason games
- Jets' Becton expected to miss season with reported knee cap fracture