Lions' Goff inactive vs. Browns while nursing oblique injury
Goff was previously listed as doubtful with the ailment.
Goff injured his oblique in Week 10 when the Lions tied the Pittsburgh Steelers to avoid their ninth straight loss to begin the campaign. The 27-year-old has thrown for 2,109 yards with eight touchdowns and six interceptions this season.
Boyle is in his first year with Detroit after spending three campaigns with the Green Bay Packers. The Lions activated him from injured reserve after he missed the first half of the season with a broken thumb.
Boyle threw four passes throughout his Packers tenure, completing three of them for 15 yards.
David Blough will back up Boyle with Goff on the shelf.
- Report: Commanders' McLaurin signing 3-year extension worth up to $71M
- Report: Watson's hearing to continue on Wednesday
- Mayfield doesn't expect Browns reconciliation: 'We're ready to move on'
- Bills, Sabres owner Kim Pegula 'progressing well' from health issue
- Lawrence: Jaguars building 'something special' under Pederson