Report: Mayfield has torn labrum in non-throwing shoulder
The exact nature of Baker Mayfield's shoulder injury is coming to light.
Mayfield needs to wear a shoulder harness during games but doesn't require surgery, Rapoport adds.
The injury could explain Mayfield's poor performance in a 14-7 win over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday. He completed just 15 of his 33 passes, missed several wide-open receivers, and finished with a 59.5 passer rating.
Mayfield isn't making excuses, however. He said the harness shouldn't affect his play, according to Rapoport.
He suffered the injury while making a tackle after throwing an interception against the Houston Texans in Week 2. Mayfield left the game briefly but returned to finish.
Since absorbing the hit, Mayfield hasn't missed a practice and wasn't listed on the injury report prior to the game against the Vikings.
The 2018 first overall pick will look to rebound this Sunday against the Los Angeles Chargers.
- Brady throws for 2 TDs, Super Bowl champions dominate Eagles
- Bucs' Wirfs suffers sprained ankle in wild-card win over Eagles
- Report: Watt expected to play wild-card game vs. Rams
- Belichick plans to coach Patriots next season following wild-card rout
- Report: Seahawks' Wilson wants to explore options in offseason