Report: Multiple teams have called about free agent Richard Sherman
Free-agent cornerback Richard Sherman is drawing lots of interest.
Multiple teams have called about the veteran defender in recent days, reports NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers reached out after starting corner Sean Murphy-Bunting dislocated his elbow in Week 1, Pelissero reports. Additionally, the San Francisco 49ers - who've stayed in contact with their former corner - expressed interest in signing Sherman later this season after Jason Verrett tore his ACL.
Sherman, who spent the past three seasons with San Francisco, expects to play again this year.
Clouding the situation is Sherman's July arrest for attempting to force his way into his in-laws' residence. He was initially arrested for burglary domestic violence, but the charge was downgraded to a misdemeanor of criminal trespass with a domestic violence designation. The 33-year-old has since been undergoing therapy.
The former member of the Legion of Boom was named a Pro Bowler as recently as 2019. However, he was limited to five games in 2020 due to various injuries.
- Jets' Wilson taken to locker room vs. Patriots due to knee injury
- Report: Barkley likely out until Week 9 with ankle injury
- Report: Steelers' Ingram, Broncos' Fuller among possible trade candidates
- Report: Goff not in immediate danger of losing starting job
- Report: Washington's Fitzpatrick not expected back before Week 10