RGIII tells Washington to 'make the call' after losing Fitzpatrick
Following news Monday that Washington was placing quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick on injured reserve, Griffin tweeted a video of a 76-yard touchdown run from his rookie season along with the message "make the call."
The former NFL quarterback-turned-ESPN analyst also posted the message on his Facebook page.
Griffin was drafted second overall by Washington in the 2012 NFL Draft and won the Offensive Rookie of the Year award. He was released by the team following the 2015 season.
Washington is reportedly expected to be without Fitzpatrick for six-to-eight weeks after he suffered a hip subluxation in the season opener. Taylor Heinicke is slated to start Thursday against the New York Giants.
- Lamar Jackson's contract is still up in the air. What are the risks?
- Tyreek: Chemistry with Tua will be like Rodman, Carmen Electra
- Report: NFL adamant on indefinite suspension for Watson as hearing concludes
- Cutler rooting for Fields ahead of second season: 'He's the next big thing here'
- Cooper ready to lead Browns' receiving corps: 'That's the position I'm in now'