Giants' Judge ends practice, orders discipline after teamwide brawl
The melee broke out after Jabrill Peppers laid a hard hit on Corey Clement, per Vacchiano. Evan Engram reportedly retaliated, leading Logan Ryan to shove him from behind. The fight reportedly grew, and starting quarterback Daniel Jones wound up at the bottom of a large pile.
"We were just competing," Jones said. "Everyone's excited, first day of pads, to get out there, but got to do a better job of controlling that and making sure we're controlling our enthusiasm."
Judge reportedly included some of his assistant coaches in the disciplinary runs and pushups. He went on a profane rant in front of his players about their actions before ending the session.
"You've got to know what comes with it," Clement said of Judge's reaction. "You better enjoy this fight in the meantime because you know some consequences are coming."
Ryan, one of the main players involved in the scrap, said the brawl won't negatively impact team chemistry going forward.
"Everybody in that locker room is united, we're happy to be teammates," he said. "We want to stay together. As a leader of this team, we're fine. We're still together."
- Antonio Brown wants to play with Lamar Jackson
- 10 takeaways from NFL divisional-round weekend
- Chiefs' Reid questions NFL's overtime rules after playoff win over Bills
- Gore offers to buy Rams-49ers tickets after viral tweet from Whitworth's wife
- Gronkowski unsure of future, open to Bucs return even if Brady retires