Keim says Cardinals don't intend to cut Chandler Jones
Appearing on "The Doug & Wolf Show" Friday, Keim shut down the notion that his talented pass-rusher could potentially be a salary-cap cut this offseason.
"I'll reject that," Keim said, according to Cardinals reporter Darren Urban.
Jones, 30, is set to enter the final year of his contract and has a $20.8-million cap hit in 2021. However, Arizona would save $15.5 million if it cut the veteran defender, per Over the Cap.
Despite not intending to release him, Keim declined to say if there have been extension talks with Jones' agent, via team writer Kyle Odegard.
The three-time Pro Bowler played in just five games last year after tearing his bicep in Week 5. Prior to 2020, Jones was coming off five straight seasons with at least 11 sacks.
Haason Reddick emerged as the Cardinals' top pass-rusher in Jones' absence, but the former first-round pick will hit free agency when the new league year begins.
- Report: Jaguars' Meyer has no plans to return to college
- Washington sends slumping Seahawks to 3-8 with MNF win
- Report: Vikings' Cook to miss at least 2 games with shoulder injury
- McCaffrey done for season after being placed on IR again
- AFC division betting odds: Patriots among best values over final 6 weeks