Report: Chargers, Gordon not making progress amid contract dispute
Jayne Kamin-Oncea / Getty Images Sport / Getty

The Los Angeles Chargers and Melvin Gordon haven't made progress in contract talks, and the running back is prepared to sit out regular-season games, a source told Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Gordon previously threatened to take his holdout into the regular season if the Chargers didn't extend or trade him. Los Angeles hasn't given the running back and his agent permission to seek out trade partners in an effort to facilitate a deal.

The two-time Pro Bowler already rejected an offer from the Chargers that would have netted him an annual average salary of $10 million. He's believed to be seeking about $13 million per year.

"I know Melvin knows I'm pulling for him," quarterback Philip Rivers told reporters Thursday, according to ESPN's Eric D. Williams. "And in saying that, that means you want what's best for him. You want him to feel great. You want him to be at peace with how it all ends, and hopefully it's right here."

Gordon, 26, is entering the fifth and final season of his rookie contract. He averaged a career-high 5.1 yards per carry a season ago, and notched 885 yards and 10 touchdowns on the ground over 12 games.

Comments
Report: Chargers, Gordon not making progress amid contract dispute
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!
Daily Newsletter
Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox