Brown won't be charged for 2017 incidents alleged in rape lawsuit
Mark Brown / Getty Images Sport / Getty

The Allegheny County District Attorney's Office and the Allegheny County Police Department in Pittsburgh informed Britney Taylor's lawyer that Antonio Brown won't be criminally charged for the first two incidents alleged in her sexual assault lawsuit due to statute of limitations, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Specifically, those alleged incidents will not be investigated because they took place more than two years ago. A third incident alleged in Taylor's lawsuit was said to have taken place in 2018 and could potentially be investigated.

"Our office, along with the Allegheny County Police Department, made contact with counsel for the plaintiff in the federal lawsuit involving Antonio Brown," the District Attorney's Office told ESPN in a statement. "Procedurally, it appears there is a statute of limitations issue in moving forward with any inquiry involving the Allegheny County allegation mentioned in the lawsuit."

Taylor, Brown's former trainer, filed the lawsuit last week alleging that Brown sexually assaulted her on three separate occasions. Brown and his lawyer quickly denied all allegations and reportedly declined to sign a $2-million agreement to settle with her in April.

Taylor met with the NFL for more than 10 hours on Monday, according to Rapoport. Meanwhile, Brown has not been placed on the commissioner's exempt list, which makes him eligible to play until further notice.

Brown made his Patriots debut last week against the Miami Dolphins.

Comments
Brown won't be charged for 2017 incidents alleged in rape lawsuit
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!
Daily Newsletter
Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox