Julio won't hold out: Owner 'gave us his word' on new deal
Kevin C. Cox / Getty Images Sport / Getty

Despite not having a new long-term contract in place, Julio Jones says he will be attending the Atlanta Falcons' mandatory minicamp when it begins July 22.

"(Falcons owner Arthur Blank) gave us his word. That's golden," Jones said in a video uploaded by TMZ Sports.

After threatening to hold out prior to the 2018 season, the Falcons assured Jones they would redo his contract and satisfied the receiver with a temporary pay raise.

"There's no stress on my end," Jones said. "I'm not thinking about it. It makes it easy for me to just go out and work every day."

Blank said earlier in the offseason he wanted Jones, defensive tackle Grady Jarrett, and linebacker Deion Jones "to be Falcons for life."

The six-time Pro Bowler led the NFL with 1,677 yards last season. He is under contract through the 2020 campaign.

Comments
Julio won't hold out: Owner 'gave us his word' on new deal
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!
Daily Newsletter
Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox