Doug Baldwin appears to announce retirement on Twitter
The 30-year-old wide receiver posted a letter to his younger self in a series of tweets Sunday night and ended the lengthy thread with a peace sign emoji and a "Game of Thrones" reference that seemed to indicate the end of his playing career.
Baldwin was rumoured to be considering retirement this offseason due to a variety of injuries. He played through hip, knee, and shoulder ailments while missing three games as a result last season. He underwent three surgeries during the offseason, including a procedure for a sports hernia last month.
Baldwin was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2016 and 2017 and was a member of the Seahawks squad that won Super Bowl XLVIII. If this is indeed the end for the wideout, he spent his entire eight-year career in Seattle after being signed as an undrafted free agent out of Stanford in 2011 and finishes with 493 career receptions for 6,563 yards and 49 touchdowns.
- Washington sends slumping Seahawks to 3-8 with MNF win
- Report: Vikings' Cook to miss at least 2 games with shoulder injury
- McCaffrey done for season after being placed on IR again
- Report: Rodgers won't have toe surgery over bye, opts for rest
- As the Seahawks try to stop their tailspin, what happens if they crash?