Report: Manziel deemed 'too controversial' for 'DWTS: Athletes'
Johnny Manziel's future apparently won't include an appearance on "Dancing With the Stars."
The quarterback was in consideration to join the first all-athletes edition of the show, but ABC ultimately decided he was "too controversial" for the program, according to Daniel Goldblatt and Ryan Naumann of The Blast.
The full cast will be revealed Friday on "Good Morning America," with the season kicking off April 30. The show has teased that a football player will be among those competing.
Current and former NFL players who have competed on the show include Terrell Owens, Antonio Brown, Calvin Johnson, Von Miller, Jerry Rice, Chad Johnson, Rashad Jennings, Emmitt Smith, Kurt Warner, Hines Ward, Warren Sapp, Lawrence Taylor, Donald Driver, Jason Taylor, and Michael Irvin.
- Report: Commanders' McLaurin signing 3-year extension worth up to $71M
- Report: Watson's hearing to continue on Wednesday
- Mayfield doesn't expect Browns reconciliation: 'We're ready to move on'
- Bills, Sabres owner Kim Pegula 'progressing well' from health issue
- Lawrence: Jaguars building 'something special' under Pederson