Brady rookie card fetches $250K on eBay
One of Tom Brady's rookie cards sold for a whopping $250,000 on eBay on Thursday.
It's the highest price ever paid for a Brady collectible and the second highest price ever paid for a modern-day sports card, according to ESPN's Darren Rovell. The previous record for a Brady collectible sold at auction was $57,500, which someone paid for a game-used jersey last February.
The card, one of 100 produced in 2000, was purchased by Brady collector Joe Prizio three years ago for $15,000.
"I wanted to enjoy Brady cards, but I also wanted to make good investments," he said. "Brady, in the card world, is now being mentioned in the same breath as (Michael) Jordan and Mickey Mantle."
- Rodgers returns to practice after Jets open 21-day window
- Steelers' Johnson apologizes for lack of effort on fumble: 'I'm not perfect'
- DeSean Jackson retiring with Eagles after 15 seasons
- Caleb Williams: Declaring for 2024 NFL Draft 'a game-time decision'
- Bucs expect Mayfield to play vs. Panthers despite ankle injury