Titans sticking with Lewan at left tackle ahead of draft
The Tennessee Titans hold the first pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, but it remains to be seen whom they'll select.
NFL analysts have named Ole Miss offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil as the favorite to be selected first, but Titans head coach Mike Mularkey suggested he isn't looking for a new blindside blocker.
"Taylor Lewan is our starting left tackle right now," Mularkey said Saturday at 104-5 The Zone's SportsFest.
Lewan started all 15 games he was active for in 2015 at left tackle.
After drafting Marcus Mariota with the second overall pick in 2015, the Titans would be wise to invest in protection for their franchise quarterback. Tunsil is an athletic freak and better suited to play left tackle than Lewan, which is a major reason for his high projection.
There are several other elite players - including defensive end Joey Bosa and defensive back Jalen Ramsey - who the Titans could draft with the top pick, but Tunsil would be the most enticing addition to the offense.
- Canucks fall to Avs, drop 3 straight for 1st time this season
- Shesterkin makes 41 saves, Rangers top Stars for 8th straight win
- Ovechkin, McMichael each score twice as Capitals crush Devils
- Report: Brewers, Sánchez restructure deal over wrist concerns
- Report: Dubas listening on all Penguins' non-core players