Sale hangs jerseys for Adam, Drake LaRoche in locker
Chris Sale continues to show his support for the LaRoche family.
On Friday, three days after Adam LaRoche decided to retire following Kenny Williams' request to dial back how much time his son, Drake, spends in the clubhouse, Sale hung jerseys for the veteran designated hitter and his 14-year-old in his locker in a gesture of solidarity.
Sale reportedly "lit up" Williams in a contentious meeting between players and management Wednesday, using plenty of expletives before telling the executive vice president to get out and stay out of the clubhouse, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
LaRoche, who was set to earn $13 million in 2016, insisted earlier this week that his mind is made up, but told reporters he would take a few days to mull over his decision to retire.
- Rangers take down Hurricanes to force Game 7
- AB says he won't play in NFL in 2022: I've 'done everything in the game'
- Watch: Joc reads fantasy football group texts that angered Pham
- Fellow managers weigh in on Gabe Kapler protesting anthem
- Oilers' Holland: McDavid showing 'incredible commitment' on defense