NHL shuts down rumors of expansion decision
Following a report that a decision has been made regarding the NHL's expansion process, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said no such resolution has been reached.
"We will not comment on the substance of our process, which remains ongoing," Daly said in a statement. "No final decisions have been reached and no recommendation of any kind has been made or communicated by the League Office or the Executive Committee either to the NHL Players' Association or to the NHL Board of Governors."
The statement was released Monday just hours after former NHLer Georges Laraque told 91.9 Sport the NHLPA was informed that Quebec City has been excluded from NHL expansion.
Quebec City and Las Vegas are both currently going through the NHL's formal expansion process.
- The Hall of Fame's perpetual rejection of Alexander Mogilny must be rectified
- Blue Jays' Gausman dominates to end win streak by Red Sox
- Report: Wall plans to sign with Clippers after Rockets buyout
- Nevin gets 10-game ban, 11 others from Angels-M's brawl suspended
- Giants' Thibodeaux 'fully healthy' after dealing with minor hip injury