MJ's attorneys: No legal action on 'Crying Jordan' meme
Michael Jordan and his handlers have been particularly defensive in the guarding of the basketball legend's image. Consider his successful lawsuit against a bankrupt Chicago grocer for unauthorized use of his name.
It seems for the moment, however, that the popular "Crying Jordan" meme is fair game. "At this time we have taken no legal action," a spokesperson for the Hall of Famer told Sara Germano and Stu Woo of the Wall Street Journal.
Whether that means legal action could be taken in the future remains to be seen, but there is a distinct possibility it will be welcomed by some. It seems four minutes cannot pass on social media platforms without the meme recurring.
- Eichel notches goal and 2 assists in his 500th game, Golden Knights beat Canucks
- Report: Orioles contact relievers Hader, Kimbrel, Chapman, Hicks
- Shorthanded Bulls outlast Giannis, Bucks in OT thriller
- Cowboys edge Seahawks in wild TNF contest
- Maeda hopes signing with Tigers will spread Detroit logo's use in Japan