Flyers' Gostisbehere establishes rookie record with 11-game point streak
Philadelphia Flyers rearguard and Calder Trophy dark horse Shayne Gostisbehere established an NHL record for rookie defensemen Saturday afternoon, collecting a point in 11 straight games with a power-play goal versus the New Jersey Devils.
Gostisbehere's goal, which brought Philadelphia level in a critical Metropolitan Division clash with the New Jersey Devils, is his third marker and 14th point over his unmatched stretch.
He also eclipsed Mikael Renberg for the franchise's rookie points streak record. Rennberg decorated the scoresheet in 10 straight games back in 1993-94.
He spent the first month of the season with Philadelphia's American Hockey League affiliate in Lehigh Valley.
- Lance's deep TD pass leads 49ers to preseason win over Packers
- Gonsolin carries no-hitter into 7th, propels Dodgers to 11th straight win
- Soto gets 2 hits, standing ovation as Padres beat Nationals
- Phillies win in extras, snap Mets' 6-game win streak
- Kopech pulled after 6 no-hit innings as White Sox edge Tigers