Maple Leafs' Sparks out at least 3 games, Bernier to start Saturday
It's Jonathan Bernier's time in Toronto, for better or worse.
The winless goalie will be pressed into action Saturday against the Los Angeles Kings after it was determined that Garret Sparks will be out until after Christmas with a lower-body injury suffered Thursday.
With James Reimer progressing but not ready to return from his own injury, and Antoine Bibeau the only backup, Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock has no choice but to start the struggling netminder.
In 11 appearances this season, Bernier has posted a record of 0-8-3 with a woeful .883 save percentage.
Forward Nick Spaling, who also suffered an injury Thursday, is on the same recovery timeline as Sparks.
- Report: Jazz nearing deal with Celtics assistant Hardy as new head coach
- Report: Commanders' McLaurin signing 3-year extension worth up to $71M
- Report: Aqib Talib joining Amazon's TNF crew
- Vlad Jr. turns down Home Run Derby invite to protect wrist
- Report: Harper to undergo thumb surgery with roughly 6-week recovery