Rangers goalie Raanta leaves after taking slap shot to mask
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) New York Rangers goalie Antti Raanta left Thursday's game against the Minnesota Wild after taking a slap shot off the top of his helmet early in the first period.
Minnesota defenseman Marco Scandella took a slap shot from below the right faceoff circle, hitting Raanta in the forehead area of the helmet. Raanta staggered a bit and fell forward to the ice. He was down for several minutes before getting up and skating off under his own power.
Henrik Lundqvist took over for Raanta.
The Rangers have not provided an update on Raanta's condition.
Raanta allowed one goal on two shots in 6 minutes, 11 seconds.
- Yankees set MLB record for most homers in June
- Herbert striving for consistency: 'We have to put together a full season'
- Report: NBA salary cap will jump to $123.6 million for 2022-23
- DeGrom, Scherzer take next steps toward rejoining Mets
- Kadri: I'd love to stay with Avs, but 'I've shown what my worth is'