Report: McDavid 'ahead of schedule,' could return in mid-to-late January
Connor McDavid's broken left clavicle is reportedly healing much faster than expected and could see him return to the Edmonton Oilers lineup weeks "ahead of schedule," according to Sportsnet's Mark Spector.
He speculates McDavid could be back by mid-to-late January, but concedes no one with the Oilers has offered a firm date.
McDavid scored five goals and 12 points in his first 13 games before suffering the injury Nov. 3 when he crashed into the boards after becoming entangled with two Philadelphia Flyers defensemen.
Edmonton has five points in the 10 games since McDavid went down.
- Braves, Rangers among finalists for 1st-ever Silver Slugger Team Awards
- O'Reilly: 'Not an easy decision' to leave Leafs for Predators
- Report: Ravens signing veteran LB Van Noy
- Packers' Watson expects to make 2023 debut vs. Lions on TNF
- Travis Kelce jersey sales jump nearly 400% after Taylor Swift appearance