McDavid expected to miss 'months' with broken clavicle
The GM confirmed that McDavid's recovery timetable will be long term.
"He'll be out indefinitely, and not week to week," Chiarelli said. "We're talking about months. (I) don't have a particular time frame, but as I said, plural, months."
"He's a strong kid, mentally and physically," the GM said. "He's still developing, so he'll come back probably even stronger."
McDavid was named the NHL's Rookie of the Month after leading the class with 12 points in October. His first calendar month as an NHL player included a seven-game point streak and three multi-point games.
- Rookie of the Year rankings: Adley makes his push, Braves' pair rules in NL
- Lance's deep TD pass leads 49ers to preseason win over Packers
- Gonsolin carries no-hitter into 7th, propels Dodgers to 11th straight win
- Soto gets 2 hits, standing ovation as Padres beat Nationals
- Phillies win in extras, snap Mets' 6-game win streak