Kuznetsov's hat trick carries Capitals past Oilers
The Capitals forward scored in every period and added a pair of assists as Washington thumped the Oilers 7-4 at Rexall Place in Edmonton.
Kuznetsov's markers were his first three of the season, giving him 11 points in seven games.
Nicklas Backstrom, Marcus Johansson, Andre Burakovsky, and Justin Williams also scored for the Capitals, who improved to 6-1-0 and leapfrogged the New York Rangers for first place in the Metropolitan Division.
McDavid and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins tallied a goal and an assist apiece for the Oilers, who dropped to 3-5-0.
- Canucks beat Bruins in shootout as Boudreau wins 2nd straight game
- Warriors knock off Trail Blazers but Curry falls short of 3-point record
- Ortiz: I have 'faith' Schilling will be elected to HOF this year
- Rockets beat shorthanded Nets for 7th straight win
- Puig joins KBO's Kiwoom Heroes on 1-year, $1M deal