Islanders place Leblanc on unconditional waivers, reportedly headed to KHL
The move will likely result in the mutual termination of Leblanc's contract, according to TSN's Bob McKenzie. According to TVA's Renaud Lavoie, the 24-year-old signed a contract with KHL club Bratislava.
Leblanc was drafted 18th overall by the Montreal Canadiens in 2009, but the selection didn't pan out. He scored only five goals and added five assists in 50 games over two seasons in Montreal.
He spent the 2014-15 season in the AHL, tallying 14 goals and 15 assists in 71 games.
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters
- Hart Trophy Rankings: Star wingers give MVP race international flavor
- While baseball waits on Ohtani, the Yankees secure the ultimate Plan B
- Tomlin certain Steelers will rebound from another backbreaking loss
- Bolts' Watson hits Preds' Lauzon with slap shot at buzzer in blowout