Ciaran Clark signs new 5-year contract with Aston Villa
Villa announced Wednesday that the 25-year-old centre-back inked a new five-year deal with the club, keeping him at Villa Park until 2020.
"I'm absolutely thrilled to sign a new contract," Clark said. "I've been at Aston Villa since I was a kid and I want to continue to play for this fantastic football club. Everyone is looking forward to the new season and I'm delighted to be going into the opening game on Saturday knowing my long-term future has been sorted."
Clark, known for being one of the Premier League's most physical defenders, was a key figure in Villa's resurgence under manager Tim Sherwood last season, but was limited to only 25 appearances due to injuries.
- Giants win 100 games for 1st time since 2003
- Cole, Stanton lead Yankees past Red Sox, cut wild-card lead to 1
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'
- NHL enforcing stricter cross-checking rules in 2021-22
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home